Vico Software, now proudly a part of Trimble Buildings, is always looking for dynamic individuals to join our team.
We are currently searching for qualified applicants for a Project Engineer role on our VDC Services Team.
Project Engineers (PEs) implement Trimble tools in client projects. They are embedded in client projects for 3 or more months (typically full calendar years), and use Trimble and VDC tools in normal Project Engineer work.
The responsibilities of Project Engineers vary depending on the particular needs of the project. Typical responsibilities include supporting 3D coordination, procurement, taking off quantities from model, scheduling, production control, production visualization, creating model-based reports for stakeholders of the project, and participating in meetings and recording meeting minutes. The PE will work closely with client’s project team and helps the team maximize the benefits provided by Trimble deliverables.
- • Front-line technical support
- • Supports and trains client’s staff in the use of software, hardware and VDC Services
- • Ongoing project resource
- • Any standard Project Engineer tasks defined by the client
- • Model-based schedule and cost analysis on demand
- • Constructability analysis and clash detection using Vico Office Constructability
- • Use of Trimble solutions in as many PE tasks as possible
- • dentifying and presenting improvement opportunities
- • Conflict resolution
- • Constructability, estimating and scheduling conflict resolution with OPM support
- • Raise the red flag early when something is going wrong based on model / schedule
- • Information supplier
- • Supplying information from the model to support client’s team (design, cost, schedule)
- • Site meetings
- • Participating in design, coordination and subcontractor meetings as a Client’s team
Work Experience Requirements
- • Fluent in verbal and written English
- • Must be able to deal with field level customers – superintendents, project engineers,
- • Must be highly organized and able to multitask effectively
- • Solid understanding of standard Project Engineer tasks
- • 1 or 2 years of Project Engineer experience
- • Good basic computer skills
Bachelors or Master in Construction Management preferred
Qualified candidates are invited to forward their CVs to our VDC Department.